Firm Location: Arizona (Must reside in AZ and have AZ experience)
Hours and rate: 30 hours per week. $28 per hour.
We are seeking a freelance paralegal to work with our Arizona litigation firm. The paralegal desired must have 5+ years of experience in Arizona specific commercial/real estate law. As a freelance paralegal, you are free to set your own schedule with the expectation that objectives and deadlines will be met. The paralegal should have a minimum of 30 hours per week to offer, primarily during normal business hours.
The paralegal should have an efficient home office setup and carry their own equipment/resources (working computer, internet, etc.)
Overview of job duties:
- Provide legal support to the attorneys and other paralegal staff.
- Conduct pre-claim investigation, legal research and initial case assessments.
- Draft pleadings, motions and appellate documents and file them with the court
- Perform administrative duties (calendar hearings and deadlines, organize case files, manage logistics etc).
- Maintain pleadings and discovery indexes.
- Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs and appendices.
- Assist attorneys with interrogatories and other discovery requests.
- Gather relevant information from a variety of sources
- Liaise between trial teams and internal/external third parties
- Help with voir dire, jury selection and witnesses preparation
- Provide assistance with case settlements
- Maintain client confidentiality through proper documentation and maintain good working relationships with clients, colleagues and other professionals.
- This position requires strong communication skills both written and verbal, the ability at working independently or under pressure and good organizational skills.
- 5+ years of experience as a commercial/real estate litigation paralegal.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining confidentiality.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft 365, Outlook, Sharepoint, One Drive).
- Must be very proficient and experienced in electronic discovery, ESI files, and Bates numbering.
- Experience with Arizona efiling systems
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to maintain professional relationships through excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Ability to work and thrive in a remote environment.
Working as a 1099 subcontractor with Del.Trust benefits you in guaranteed payment, revenue consistency, and CRM Management. Let us worry about payments, consistency of work availability, and client management. We focus on the hard part so you can focus on your success.